Our kitchen is a powerhouse of ingredients that can help one manage daily health problems efficiently. so not only our elders Ayurveda Physicians also recommend daily use of kitchen spices and herbs to aid our health. As such, Ayurveda doctor Dr. Diksa Bhavsar shares how fenugreek Or fenugreek seeds, which are easily found in most Indian kitchens, can help manage lifestyle issues apart from adding flavor to food.
“Fenugreek (Fenugreek) is an incredible Ayurvedic herb that is present in most Indian kitchens with diverse uses and many potential health benefits. From adding flavor to food to controlling diabetes to relieving constipation, Fenugreek The seeds also have diverse benefits for your skin, hair and health,” Dr Bhavsar said in an Instagram post.
Fenugreek contains protein, fat, carbohydrate, calcium, iron, folic acid, vitamins A, C, K, B, manganese, magnesium, potassium, copper, zinc, fiber and water.
She listed the benefits of the herb.
*It improves appetite and digestion Power. Also supports the secretion of breast milk.
* it controls Diabetes and improves cholesterol and blood pressure.
* It reduces hair fall, gray hair and uric acid levels (gout). It improves blood levels (treats anemia), and also helps in detoxifying the blood.
It is useful in treating Vata disorders like neuralgia, paralysis, constipation, abdominal pain, bloating, pain in any part of the body (back pain, knee joint pain, muscle cramps).
* It helps in relieving cough disorders like cough, asthma, bronchitis, chest congestion and obesity.
When should this be avoided?
Since it is hot (weather), it should not be used in bleeding disorders such as nose bleeds, heavy periodsAccording to Dr. Bhavsar, due to its heat generating power, it helps to balance Kapha and Vata in the body.
how to use
* Soak 1-2 tbsp of seeds overnight and eat in the morning or drink it as a tea.
* Take 1 teaspoon fenugreek powder twice a day before meals or at night with warm milk or water.
* Make a paste of seeds and mix it with curd / aloe vera gel / water and apply it on the scalp, it reduces dandruff, hair fall, whitening.
* Prepared with Fenugreek Paste Rose water Helpful in cases of dark circles, acne, acne scars and wrinkles.
Should everyone use it for medicinal purposes?
“It is always best to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before consuming it for medicinal purpose,” she said.